Translate

Wednesday 10 December 2014

2 tail baits and a couple of cranks

Well at the moment the fishing is pretty much dead for me apart from small grayling and chub but at least it gives me a chance to get the fly rod out and have a bit of fun. After a year of not fly fishing those grayling were pretty hard to hook very fast takes. I have been building quite a few pieces recently but alot of them are much of the same so i wont bother adding them on here. First of all are two of my slider style jerkbaits that i added a twister tail to, This changes the action of the bait a bit but still a good action and i have no doubt a pike would hit that.








I really like the green pearl paint on the white bars of the clown fish it gives just a little extra flash. Next are 2 crank baits using my newest body shape i really like the action of these. I used a mother of pearl veneer on them because it just looks so good i tried a diamond cut on the veneer as well to give hopefully a better flash while im working them. Im pretty happy with them the paint job could have been better from my point of view, dont think the fish will care though. As always I cant manage to take a good picture of the veneer which really shows its beauty. Here are the pictures anyway...






Next time im out with the fishing rods ill try take some footage of their swimming action and post a video. Untill the next time tight lines and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment